Ms Dryg Teaches

I wanna be a better teacher :-) dryggirl.com/msdrygteaches.swf

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Advisory; choices and values

We sat in a circle and each girl responded to this inquiry: "Describe something that you chose to do this weekend and what that choice tells us about what you value." Several girls did family gatherings, some shopped, several went to the movies to see "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", and one girl admitted to being a bad babysitter for her two year old sister. It was a good session. I realize that I need to be fully involved if I want this kind of bonding to happen, otherwise the girls will separate into cliques and not focus themselves, yet...I notice this because in my other classes I am learning to guide them into self-directed inquiry and learning habits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home